Serving the state, nation and world since 1876
The University of Oregon is a comprehensive public research university committed to exceptional teaching, discovery, and service. We work at a human scale to generate big ideas. As a community of scholars, we help individuals question critically, think logically, reason effectively, communicate clearly, act creatively, and live ethically.
We strive for excellence in teaching, research, artistic expression, and the generation, dissemination, preservation, and application of knowledge. We are devoted to educating the whole person, and to fostering the next generation of transformational leaders and informed participants in the global community. Through these pursuits, we enhance the social, cultural, physical, and economic wellbeing of our students, Oregon, the nation, and the world.
We aspire to be a preeminent and innovative public research university encompassing the humanities and arts, the natural and social sciences, and the professions. We seek to enrich the human condition through collaboration, teaching, mentoring, scholarship, experiential learning, creative inquiry, scientific discovery, outreach, and public service.
- We value the passions, aspirations, individuality, and success of the students, faculty, and staff who work and learn here.
- We value academic freedom, creative expression, and intellectual discourse.
- We value our diversity and seek to foster equity and inclusion in a welcoming, safe, and respectful community.
- We value the unique geography, history and culture of Oregon that shapes our identity and spirit.
- We value our shared charge to steward resources sustainably and responsibly.